Friday, November 20, 2009

Herbal Mutton Stew

It's been a while I have not upload a recipe. So now back to it, this is one delicious Herbal Mutton Stew/Soup. You must be wondering what it taste like... well it's kinda like a beef stew but it's using mutton that's all. To my surprise the mutton taste good and not so smelly like some mutton soup.
Right, I cooked this soup for myself only because the rest of my family members feel it's too heaty. I must say it is a heaty kinda stew but if you like you can add in more water to make it slightly diluted so it's not as heaty as it is. Personally, I love heaty stuff and furthermore I'm suppose still taking confinement food so this is good for me to restore my "Qi". LOL.
So here's the recipe if you all wish to try! It's yummy food for me. Hubby did try a bit and says it's good too! Hah!
Ingredients:
  • 450g Lean Mutton (cut into large chunks)
  • 30g Dried Longan -Herb
  • 10 silvers Wai San (Chinese Yam)- Herb
  • 2 Tbsp Gei Chi ( Chinese Wolfberries )- Herb
  • 1.5 litres Water
  • Salt to taste
Just Combine all in a pot/claypot. Simmer for at least 2 hours. Do skim of any fat floating on top.
Easy right... give it a try and let me know! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails