This is one of the confinement food that I cooked recently. It is delicious and I suggest you use good Yellow wine and good Ginger wine too. It smells so good and trust me you will definately love it.... but no matter how good it is; it is indeed a very heaty dish. So those who cannot take heaty stuff sorry this is not for you to savour.
1 Kampung chicken (Free range chic) (Cut into pieces)
3 tbsp sesame oil (for frying)
1 bottle (600ml) good yellow wine (taste sweet)
1/3 portion (200ml) good ginger wine
Black wood ear (Shredded)
1. Blanch the shredded wood ear, drained & put aside.
2. Stir fry the shredded ginger with sesame oil until fragrant, add in wood ear.
3. Add in chicken pieces (I did discard the chicken skin) & stir fry for a little while, add some water, covered & cook well.
4. When the chicken is cooked, add in yellow wine & ginger wine (the proportion I used is 1 bottle of yellow wine with 1/3 bottle of ginger wine)
5. If you prefer, add in a little bit of hard liquor (eg. brandy) to the dish.
*(Oh, I did add in 2 tablespoons) LOL.
p/s: The yellow wine you can get it at a chinese medicine hall. :)
Hope you all like this recipe.