Thursday, December 3, 2009

Common Sense

Ermm.. did I ever blog about this topic "Common Sense"? Well I guess not, if I did, I want to repeat this again. The importance of training the brain to be aware of things around you.
What is Common Sense?
Well, according to Wikipedia: It is a strict construction of the term, consists of what people in common would agree on: that which they "sense" as their common natural understanding. Thus "common sense" (in this view) equates to the knowledge and experience which most people allegedly have, or which the person using the term believes that they do or should have.
Hmmm.. make any sense? To me basically I feel it's the common daily routines or actions or even knowledge that one would apprehend and believe to know; is called common sense. For example like say holding a pencil? Flushing the toilet after usage... etc.
Now what I want to highlight here is.... how does one teach common sense to their children? Does all parents know the importance of common sense? And how do we determine which and what common sense to teach a child?
Then again, it all depends on the parents whether to teach their child common sense or not as well. These days I find parents seldom teaches common sense to their kids as we ourselves are expected to figure it out when we were young. How brilliant is that?
So back again, Basic common sense like how to walk properly or sit properly when studying... how to hold a pencil... how to stand properly... all these are as important as to how to study well in school. So, I guess I have made my point clear here that these minor stuff is actually the most important things that one must teach their kids. Have I make myself clear?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails