This is a Mediterranean influence dish. This is the first time that I am cooking a mediterranean dish and it turns out to be so good that my hubby who doesn't really like mutton ate all of it. LOL, in fact I try to mask all the mutton smell so that my hubby will not know it is mutton! Indeed he thought it was beef! Then again, we all love this dish and I will make it again no doubt!
Well, If you like to try here are the ingredients:
- Some Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp clove (ground)
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 500g Mutton
- 50g Dried Apricot
- 100g Raisins
- 1 Carrots
- Juice of 2 Oranges
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 cups Beef/Lamb stock
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (smashed)
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Iceberg Lettuce leaves (for deco)
- Soak the dried apricots and raisins in the orange juice for about 2 hours.
- Brown the mutton with a bit of oil and add in the rosemary in a heavy base pan. Remove set aside.
- In a Casserole, fry the onion and garlic with the rest of the oil till slightly brown.
- Add in flour and all the spice, stir well then add in the mutton and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the Carrots and the apricots, raisins and orange juice. Stir for a while then Pour in the stock and vinegar.
- Simmer about half an hour.... viola!
Hope you enjoy your meal. Merry Xmas!