Friday, February 13, 2009

Act 11- My sweet Valentine...

"Had to say this loud and clear...... Happy Valentine!" This is what bedak kid said to me when he met me at the mall just now. I had to ask him whether he knows what Valentine day means. He said yes, as he was given permission by his mum to buy a present for his sweet valentine... who is his girl friend, (Hui Hui) at the kindergarten. Well, I am quite surprise to hear that indeed.
To me, bedak kid is just 6 years of age and is telling me he has a girlfriend....... I wonder kids these days really know what they are into or not? They just tend to follow the trend or influenced by movies and such to get the idea of boyfriend and girlfriend. Well, I am certain it is really not an issue for the adults to actually forbid their kids to talk about this kind of puppy love. Yet I do wonder how to actually telling the kid what love is. To the kids, it is a kind of pure innocent love or liking of someone but in actual fact love comes with responsibilities and other confusing matters which to some adults, it is really hard to define as well.
Happy Valentine!
"Love, as it exists in society, is nothing but the exchange of two fantasies and the contact of two skins." Chamfort, Nicolas [Maximes et Pensees] (1741-1794)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails