Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Impressive, Expressive & Suffocating!

Recently I have watched the movie Burlesque which is a 2010 Golden Globe award winning musical film directed and written by Steven Antin and starring Christina Aguilera and Cher. Well, I have always love Burlesque performances; although I did not watch any live one for real, only the movie. SO anything to do with Burlesque had caught my attention, like Dita Von Teese is still my favorite though. Well, the picture above is quite interesting as it portrays a romantic, sensual yet sexy lady like what an ideal woman should be. Well, guess it is just my interpretation only.
The interesting part is who the illustrator is. He is Vania Zouravliov, I was not familiar with him until now. And I think I kinda have fallen in love with his style of illustration and really wish I could illustrate like that. He really reminds me of Aubrey Vincent Beardsley, an english illustrator whoose works are similar in the style of grotesque , the decadent, and the erotic. Well, Vania's more chilling in the sense as his works have more details.

Don't you just love these images by Vania? Really impressively chilling, yet amazingly beautiful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails